9.30.2011

A wondering mind..

So apparently I like to deep think sometimes....

Have you ever noticed we are creatures of repetition. This came to my attention when my friend pointed out that we automatically get out of the shower or drying off anytime and we always do it the same way...think about it...true right!? When we drive to school or work (or any other daily activity) we usually always take the same route. I realized this when ever morning I pass the same biker coming down two hundred north. We pass at the stop light at the same time and everyday we make eye contact. Some form of goodmorning I guess. I also notice that when going to study I automatically go to one side of the library ALWAYS- I wonder why? I could be missing out on a whole new life over there on the other side, a new perspective and maybe even a new friend yet it is like it is a forbidden, restricted area in my brain. So why do we do this, as human? Get so stuck in our ways without even realizing it? One simple change in our routine could change our whole life...or will continuing on the same routine do that? All I know is I want to see the world differently, in a new way so to start tomorrow I am going to be a rebel and sit on the other side of the library...

Also have you ever noticed that when you met someone new then for some reason you see them ALL THE TIME!? It makes me wonder were they always around before you just didn't realize because you didn't know them and now you do know who they are so you notice them. Or is it just that once you meet someone they start stalking you so they are always around!?

In psychology we learned about how our eyes see three colors and it gets interpreted and sent to your brain. My question is do we all see the same color? How you learn colors is by someone telling you the sky is blue, the grass is the color green. But what if your blue sky and my blue sky are a different blue. Your green grass and my green grass are different shades. Is the world you are seeing the same world someone else is seeing?

I like to people watch and sometimes I can't help it when I pass people driving and I look at them. It is so fascinating to me that there are so many people driving and each one has a reason to be driving and a destination they are trying to get to. Not only that but they all have their own life story! Sometimes I like to make up their stories as I see them and try to guess where they are going or why they are driving this exact same road as me.

....and now you see why I have a hard time focusing on my homework!

2 comments:

  1. And this my dear, is why we are best friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how is the OTHER side of the library?? Let me know!!

    ReplyDelete