7.29.2011

Becoming more outdoorsy

Camping
On the whim last weekend Kendra and Lance invited me and Janeal and Terry camping so we all headed up the american fork canyon to find a camping place. We drove and drove and drove some more but didn't find any camping places so we decided to head over to strawberry. We found a great place and had an amazing weekend! :)
 My first fishing license ever!

 We did a lot of driving but had so much doing so and kept ourselves entertained with taking pictures

 Yes I did have to go to the bathroom in the wilderness...I haven't done this since I was about six and I remember thinking i would never do that again. Well as I made my trip up the hill all those memories came back and I said the same thing- I will never do that again! haha

















We went fishing and of course everyone caught something besides me and Kendra.
 I guess my fishy face scared them all away rather than called them to me!
I have the best cuddle buddy ever!!

Fishing
Since I only have my fishing license for a week Kendra and Lance invited me with them and Lance's family to go fishing the the Uintas. We went to butterfly lake! 
This time only being my second time ever fishing I kinda struggled with my casting. I just really loved the right side even when I through my poll to the left. Lance's brother Matt was trying to teach me how to hold the line a different way. I gave it a try and well with my luck somehow the line got stuck up in two trees and well it didn't make it to the water!

                                                     It was a beautiful night to go fishing!
 After about two and a half hours of fishing non stop i was about the only one that hadn't caught anything yet. But I just kept trying! Everyone cleaned up and I just kept casting and casting hoping I would get lucky! It got pretty late and everyone was ready to go. Kendra gave it one more try and Lance picked up our stuff to head out I asked Lance If I could please just try one more time...He said yes but ONLY one more time. So I casted out and felt a tug on the line- I had gotten one!! My very first fish on the very last try!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment