11.08.2012

President 2012

This was the first year I was able to vote.
At first I didn't really see the importance of voting and watching the first part of the debates just made me more not interested in voting. Then when my mom told me that it might take two weeks to recount votes because it is going to be close changed my mind and made me feel like my vote mattered. So I registered on the last day possible. I took this very serious and talked to people, looked into what the candidates were saying and listened to many peoples opinions. I then formed my own and with the rights I have living in this great country I voted.

After voting Jessica invited me to one of her friends voting parties. It was really fun to enjoy food, meet new people and feel all grown up watching all the voting updates on the t.v. After a lot of drama at the party and then on face book at least I can say I am glad all of this is over.
President Obama was reelected as the President of the united states.
Many people have been bombarding face book with negativity about the reelection and voicing their opinions it got pretty annoying for awhile and I have decided I don't really like to voice my opinion about politics and such so with that said. We will see what the next 4 years brings us!

No comments:

Post a Comment